Monday 21 January 2013

A simple NO BAKE Blueberry Cheese Cake


Assalamualaikum semua..
Apa kabar? Lama kan tak jenguk sini..lama dh tak update ttg life and all..selalu update WW je, tu pun create awal2 pastu tekan publish on certain time..hahahaha..ngelat sbb nak senang..
Jadi utk kali ni, I would like to share a very nice recipe that I got from my ex-student. I saw her posted a pic on her facebook, we aren’t really close but she has always been good and respectful to me so I guess we are on a good lecturer-student relationship la kot.. anyway, she posted a pic, a very tempting and scrumptious-looking blueberry cheesecake. And she said that it’s no bake and no flour cheesecake..wahh, terus I rasa mcm nk cuba, sebab at that time I didn’t have an oven..so anything yg takyah guna oven mmg la dialukan..i asked her  the recipe and she gave me plus some other recipes jugak la..she said that since it’s a no bake, no flour cake, it tastes like ice-cream cake sbb we refrigerate (simpan dlm peti ais la) it..okay la kan..selama ni I duk buat pudding caramel yg tak kukus pun mcm tu jugak, simpan dlm peti utk beberapa jam jugak..
Tapi kan, I haven’t tried baking this cake tau, but I have shared the recipe with few colleagues yg suka baking. One them said yg this cake mmg rasa mcm ice-cream cake, but she said it depends on the cheese that u use la..it’s worth trying, it might not be as good as the baked one, but boleh la kalo nk buat hidangan ptg kecil-kecilan kat umah..
So here’s the recipe. I igt nk buat utk bday colleague nanti..we’ll see la, if rajin maka jadi la, kalo tak I beli je kek kat kedai..teeheehee ;)

THE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

For base:
3/4 packet of biskut marie
3-4 tbsp melted butter

For cheese filling:
500gm cream cheese- Philadelphia or Tartura
1/2 can of F&N condensed milk (kalau other brand use 3/4)
1/2 cup of whipped cream
1tsp halal gelatine(Nona brand)
3tbsp hot water
1/2 cup of blueberry jam/filling

Steps:
1. For base. Blitz the biskut marie until well-crushed. Add melted butter. Pulse until combined. Press the crumbs into a spring form tin; making it as the base of your ciskek.
2. Whip cream until thick and stiff.
3. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
4. Beat in condensed milk. Fold in whipped cream and also the blueberry jam. Dissolve gelatine with hot water, mix well into filling.
5. Pour on top of biscuit base.
6. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.

(thanks Qawiyyun for the recipe)

No comments: