Thursday 15 December 2011

A SURPRISE DINNER AT MANDI MANDI TAMARIND SPRING

hey all...
how have u been doing? fine? okay? so-so?
takpelah, yg penting kita happy dan sihat kan..
so this time around, i would like to write about a surprise dinner that my husband had planned to celebrate my birthday..my birthday was in November but we weren't able to do anything due to some unavoidable circumstances and events..so i told my husband that i was quite sad because everyone seemed to not remember my birthday and everyone was busy with only-God-knows-what..even my students didn't wish me which was quite disappointing..my husband apologized then for not being able to do anything on my birthday and for my birthday...it wasn't his fault..i guess i was too sensitive..

anyway, a few weeks had gone by and so last Friday (9 December) my husband  told me that he would want to go to KL..i asked him why and told him to go on Saturday instead because i don't like to be in a rush that Friday (since he had to perform Friday prayer)..but he insisted to go back home on Friday regardless of what i said.. so we went back to his parents home in KL after Friday prayer..and on our way he told me that he had a plan that Friday evening and he wanted to be at Desa Pandan because his sister will look after our baby..so i said okay and asked him where will we go, the only answer he gave was "senyum kalo suka, kalo tak suka bgtau"..he even joked saying that we will go to the zoo..so i said okay, then zoo it will be..he just laughed and asked me to wait..

so we got to this one place where it is surrounded by lush green scenery..my husband told me that he had planned a dinner to celebrate my birthday..i was shocked and quite surprised but thankful nonetheless. i didn't expect him to do such things because he isn't the type of guy who would make surprises and treat his loved ones with gifts and all..i was very happy with what he did and told myself to enjoy the night..

we had our dinner at Mandi Mandi Tamarind Spring, which is one of the best fine-dining restaurants in KL..it is very nice and romantic..it kinda remind me ofde Bali though..it's a hillside restaurant..we didn't take many photos, except the ones taken by the waitress who was very nice..the management doesn't allow any photography to take place..don't know why...

the warm welcome at the table
there are 3 different dining concepts for us to choose..Tamarind Spring offers Indo-Chinese cuisine, Italian cuisine and Malay-Thai cuisine..my husband decided to dine at Mandi Mandi, the place for Malay-Thai cuisine..it was located at the second level of the hill..so we walked down the stairs, walking thru the green landscape that were lit with candles and garden lights..we were entertained by the sound of the frogs and crickets..sadly, we didn't get to sit by the pool or at the hut since it rained earlier that night..sad but that's okay..

yours truly, checking the tab



the food was very delicious and scrumptious. it's worth the price u have to pay..the ambiance made u feel the softness and the richness of the food..we didn't order any appetizers but we considered our Catfish and Mango Salad as our appetizers. it was very good, the catfish was shredded into small pieces and they only used the meat of the fish and mixed them with mango, cashewnuts, and few other vegetables..
then for the main course, i ordered Grilled Beef with Tamarind Sauce..it was delicious except for the tamarind sauce which was a bit sour..but the beef was very nice and tender..my husband ordered Chicken Black Pepper which was very scrumptious..my husband loved it so much that he didn't even want to taste my main course..the black pepper was very tasty and flavorful..i heard the chef made the black pepper himself..
mr.hubster with his coconut drink
we also ordered Tomyam Fried Rice (since my husband couldn't survive his meal without taking rice)..the rice had a unique taste..at first, u will feel the sweetness of it then when u are about to finish ur bite u will feel the spiciness of it..totally worth eating and paying almost rm20 for the fried rice..
for drinks, i decided to try Tamarind Special..it's a mixture of cranberry juice, lychee and a bit of soda..my husband decided to have Pandan Roasted Coconut (being the person who likes coconut)...and lastly, we had Fried Banana with Coconut Ice-Cream as our dessert..the fried banana was very different form the ones that we normally bought and made..it has an aromatic taste to it and i can feel the taste of lemongrass in every bite of it..

overall, i would say that the dinner was very memorable and wonderful (though my husband had to spend quite a quarter of his paycheck)..i would recommend those who would like to have a memorable dining with special ones to check Tamarind Spring out..it's a suitable place for those who do not mind spending a lot money to relax, lay back and enjoy the night with its good food..sekali setahun apa salahnya kan, bukannya selalu pun kita spend lebih sikit utk makan mlm yg istimewa..

thank u B for the dinner and for all the good things u have done for me..i love u, always and forever..
to

No comments: